Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waring Pro WPM25 Professional Popcorn Maker

I purchased the Waring Pro WPM25 Professional Popcorn Maker and I am pleased with my decision. I decided to bag the bagged microwave popcorn for a more natural option and the search began. Waring Pro attracted my attention with its fun design concept and the fact that that it used a kettle to pop the popcorn allowing me to control the type of oil that is used.

The machine has a very attractive fun design that works well in a game or theater room. It replicates an old time popcorn popper but in a small usable form. It operates off of a 300-watt system, which brings the kettle to a high heat and the built in stirring mechanism helps the kernels to pop evenly. The pivoting kettle allows me to put the oil and popcorn in without too much effort. The entire unit is small enough to fit in a variety of areas measuring 11x11 1/2x17 inches and is heavy enough to be stable but light enough to move around if necessary. The clear Plexiglas material allows people to view the popping action as it is happening.  The popped corn spills over the sides and into the plastic serving tray at the bottom. The tray is removable and can be used as a serving bowl, which really appealed to me. Anything that saves an extra dish to wash is a win, win in my book.

There are a few things to consider before buying the Waring Pro WPM25 such as the Plexiglas. It is lighter than glass but a bit harder to clean and it can scratch easily. I wipe it down right after each use with a soft cloth using warm soapy water to help discourage oil build up. The small kettle unplugs from the unit and is removable, but it is hard to get my hand in there to wipe it out. It pops enough popcorn in one setting for two people, which means for a large group several sessions would be needed. There is often some un-popped kernels after the batch is complete but really not that many.

I really enjoy the Waring Pro WPM25 and use it nearly once a week. It is fast convenient and fun, which makes popcorn the go to snack at our house. I love the fun design of the machine and how the popcorn comes out fluffy and full of flavor each and every time. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a good way to pop popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment