Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Petco Adjustable Mesh Harness for Dogs

I have a poodle named Daisie who has a larger wardrobe than most people. She is very small weighing in at about 6 lbs. Her size has made it difficult to find a harness that fits her well. I found the Petco Adjustable Mesh Harness for Dogs at the Petco store and liked how it had several areas of adjustment. There are slide-and-lock tabs that are located at the shoulder are and a strap slide that adjusts around the chest. I feel like the adjustments are great for her size. I have used harnesses in the past that do not have these adjusting options, which has left a gap in her chest area. There is a padded piece that is sewn in right under the mussel and the rest is constructed out of breathable mesh material. Daisie has worn hers during the hot months and has been fine, but the material is a little thick and so that should be considered if your dog gets overheated easily.

The adjustments allow for us to place the harness under or over her sweaters. The slides-and- lock tabs have been a bit of a challenge because they sometimes get wedged on the fabric making it hard to slide. I have got into the habit of setting them where I want them and slipping it over her head. This is not ideal but I like the way it fits her so I live with it. I also think that someone with limited hand dexterity may find the slide-and –lock difficult because they are small especially on the smaller sizes.  There are quite a few color options available with patterns and without, which makes it fun when buying new ones. It is important to me that Daisie wears a secure harness while maintaining a high level of comfort and I believe this harness accomplishes that. She has several in different colors and wears one of them on a daily basis.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. Teacup puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete